Pages

Thursday, March 15, 2012

The Paradox of Techonology

Each morning as I stumble towards the coffee pot just as dawn is breaking, I greet my loyal live-in companion, the computer.  Soon I am reading e-mail, catching up with Facebook friends, and depending upon the time in other time zones, converse face to face on Skype with some of my loved ones who are thousands of miles away. No, this is not the same as being with family. I miss having them near and sometimes feel their absence acutely, in a heart wrenching spasm of loneliness. But. . . I do feel blessed that despite the distance in miles, I feel emotionally and spiritually close to them. and greatly enjoy videos of the great-grandkids, three beautiful little girls in the U.S. and a grandson who lives with his parents Down Under. I am glad that I live in this time of technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment